Friday, July 27, 2007

Super Smash Doodles

To continue from Wednesday's post (sort of), here's a random page full of quick, Smash-related doodles I shelled out. Enough crap, clutter, cross-outs & complete cartoon carnage to make your brains dribble out your ears.

Surprisingly, Pikachu is the hardest character to draw. One wrong move & he's fat, or thin, or constipated. Kirby is no picnic either.

Samus is a little tough, but it's better off keeping her simple than to draw all those detailed lines & curves & make her into a giant, scribbly person-shaped ball of dryer lint . Same with Bowser, Wario & Pit. I like to keep the details to a minimum, so you're eyes don't get to distracted by all the clutter. Less is more in my book.


The only drawing here I'm really proud of is Mario's head in the top right corner. To me, it's the closest thing to Mario himself, instead of a demented, beaten incarnation of him like the one throwing the Koopa shell below him. Shameful, shameful.

More to come soon. Remember to comment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! They are exactly what they do in the video game. And even though your Mario is your favorite... Bowser looks the best. Who's the guy in the toga on top of Bowser?

Michael J. Ruocco said...

Hey anonymous... THANKS!

That frill-lookin' dude above Bowser is Pit, the main character from the Kid Icarus games. He's one of the new Brawl recruits.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

Nice drawings, they look really cool. Of course, I like the Yoshi, but they're all really good. I really think Brawl is gonna sellout fast, actually. It'll probably be at the top for a while. My sister was in a game store or something like that, and did you know that you can already reserve the game? This Super Smash game is gonna be great, there's already so much hype. I'm looking forward to it.

Denise

Michael J. Ruocco said...

Thanks again Denise!

I'm gonna preorder it some time this week, probably online, so it'll be shipped to my house, usually a day or two before the street release (that's the best part about ordering online).

That game's gonna sell-out! I don't think there's been any other game that I've been more excited about than this one!