Sunday, April 20, 2008

The "Mona" Lisa

The Ollie Johnston Tribute video is currently underway, but in the meantime, here's a little something to tide you over for the moment:

I always loved it when people take cartoons & incorporate them into photographs or famous paintings. I remember that they used to do it on a few Garfield calendars and not too long ago I saw THIS on the Cartoon Brew. Great work on these pictures, especially the one with the hippo from Fantasia (that's my favorite).

Just the other day, I thought: "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I could stick my characters into famous paintings?" Then I remembered the magic of Photoshop. Being that I'm not the Photoshop Master quite yet, it took a little time to make, but here's my first masterpiece: The 'Mona' Lisa!

Mona (my girl duck) meets DaVinci.

Although it was a real pain in the ass to do it, it was still kinda fun. I want to do more of these things in the future, so who knows, maybe you'll see Steve-O in a Seurat, or Randy in a Rembrandt, or even Cannibal Chicken in a Picasso! Whatever! Stay tuned & find out!

No comments: