Monday, August 18, 2008

"CONFOUND THOSE DOVER BOYS!!!"

Earlier today, I re-watched one of Chuck Jones' (if not all of Warner Bros.') greatest cartoons, The Dover Boys (1942). One of my all-time favorites, without a doubt.

I quickly drew, scanned & colored Dan Backslide (the former sneak of Roquefort Hall, coward, bully, cad & thief & arch-enemy of the Dover Boys) just for kicks. God, what a great & funny character! I'd also like to add that to me, Dan Backslide is probably one of Mel Blanc's crowning roles in all the cartoons he was involved in. Every line of dialogue spoken by Dan Backslide is so forced & overplayed, it never fails to make me laugh.

Here's the full cartoon, courtesy of Youtube. Enjoy!:

1 comment:

Marilyn @ Forkful.net said...

Oh man I used to always watch the Dover Boys during late night cartoon marathons! Thanks for the YouTube link; these are still hilarious! XD