Monday, June 9, 2008

I've been plugged by the Animation Podcast!!!

Most artists/animators/cartoonists/diehards out there probably have listened to or are at least aware of The Animation Podcast done by animator Clay Kaytis. For those of you that don't know, The Animation Podcast is an online podcast show where Clay interviews many talented animators throughout the field, discussing their career as well as their own knowledge & insight on the art of animation.

Like many people, I am an avid listener to his podcast show & have been ever since his first show years ago. I've listened to it while on my computer, in my car, on plane trips, all throughout my two visits through Europe, on my commute to NYC each week & most importantly while I'm drawing or animating, whether at the SVA studio or my own little one at home. After years of listening to his show, I thought I'd finally leave Clay a voicemail through Skype thanking him for the great work he's done.

Earlier today, I find that I've had numerous hits from the Animation Podcast website. I uploaded his latest show onto my iPod & discovered that not only was my voicemail used at the end of the show, but he gave my blog's address in the show & linked to it through the site! What an honor!

Although my blog doesn't get a fraction of the hits Clay's gets, I shall return the favor! Go to the Animation Podcast website, listen & download his shows onto your computer & put 'em all on your iPod! It's all worth the listen! Also, for future reference, I shall put a link to Clay's site not only in the 'Links' section on the right, but I'll also put an Animation Podcast button link to him under my profile too!

A very special thanks to Clay Kaytis for this honor! I'll be looking forward to all of his future shows & words. "Thanks for toonin' in!"

3 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats!

BMan said...

Congrats! I was just listening to the latest podcast this morning on my drive. I haven't finished yet so I haven't heard your vm, but I probably will on my way home. Congrats!

Clay Kaytis said...

Hi Michael. Thank you kindly for the plug on your site. I don't currently have a link page, but when I get it going you'll be in the listener section.