Friday, March 7, 2008

"Happy Birthday, You Ol' Blog You!"

"What? It's been a whole year? Already!?
This blog is exactly one year old today! & not only is it the blog's 1st anniversary, this also happens to be my 100th post! What a coincidence! I timed it just right!
& to celebrate this joyous occasion, here's a little Flash animation I made for you as thanks for stopping by for the past 12 months. Enjoy!:


I'd like to thank all those who visited the blog (& left a few comments here & there) throughout the past year. Let's see... there's David, Emily, Denise, Doreen, Jose, Sam, Thad K., Kevin Langley, John Sanford, Hans Perk, my friends/teachers/collegues at SVA & countless other visitors, friends & anonymous commenters. Thanks everybody for all the help & support!

Looking back, I've accomplished a lot in my life since I started this blog last March: I graduated high school, visited foreign countries, got accepted/started classes at SVA, learned to drive, learned Photoshop, began to live on my own (almost), made new friends & completed a 7-year long metal sculpture project!

Before writing this post, I took the time to look over all 100 posts I've done, & after seeing all of them I forgot how much I covered here: The Rockman, unfinished comics (sorry), movie reviews & recommendations, rebops, WDCC's, Bastardizations, holidays, SVA, juggling, Toon Platoon, foxes, Miyazaki films, Hofstra U., Shakespeare, personal events, Smash Bros. & a plethora of sketches, drawings, doodles & scribbles (mostly of ducks)! "Phew, what a mouthful!"

Here's to another year of For the Birds goodness!

... now what?

4 comments:

OmegaEye said...

how is it that you posted this on friday when I'm reading this on thursday, the day before friday?
right now it's 10:50pm, so it's not time difference or anything.
oh, well
anyway
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
FOR THE BIRD BLOG!
YAY!

Michael J. Ruocco said...

The answer: Magic. Just magic.

Thanks Jose!

Anonymous said...

nice animation =D

Happy birthday forthebirds blog!

~Em

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir,

Good luck and nice cartoon. Birds have always made for excellent cartooning, and I hope that you do not tire of drawing the,