Friday, March 9, 2007

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!


After all this time waiting for that letter to come, it finally ended up in my mailbox. As I opened the envelope, I was beginning to sweat & worry. "What's gonna happen to me? My future depends on what is written in this letter". Then, as I pulled out the note, I began to read:

"Dear Michael,

On behalf of..."

(I knew at that point that I got in. When they use the word "behalf"', you know it's good news. I continued to read as I began to jump & giggle giddily.)

...the Committee on Admissions, I am pleased to offer you admission to the School of Visual Arts for the fall 2007 semester. Upon the successful completion of your high school studies, you are invited to begin your undergraduate studies in the first year program of the Department of Animation, with the start of classes on Tuesday, September 4, 2007. Congratulations...

Sincerely,

Adam Rogers
Director of Admissions"

I did it. I freakin' did it! My friends, family, coworkers & teachers were right. I DO have what it takes. Now I feel much more confidant about myself.

I called up everybody. My mom, my dad, my sisters, my brother, my aunt, my cousin & my sister-in-law. They all said basically the same thing; "I'm so proud...I knew you could... I'm so happy for you.... My brother, the joker that he is, said that he's gonna get me hammered tomorrow (except this time he means it).

At this point, I would like to thank my friends & family for being there for me, but I want to give an extra special thanks to my art teacher, Mr. Bishop, who without his encouragement & his teachings, I wouldn't be going anywhere.


Alright, alright cut the sappy crap! Jesus, it's only my 3rd post & I already sound like I won a goddamn Oscar. But I'm not out of the woods yet, I still have to finish the 12th grade (Damn you seemingly useless yet complicated schoolwork!).

2 comments:

John S. said...

Congratulations! I know how you feel! When I got accepted to CalArts it was one of the best things that ever happened! You are in for a great time, Michael!

Michael J. Ruocco said...

Thanks a lot, John! It really made my day.

I work at Hofstra U. as a teacher's assistant for Advanced Cartooning, & everyone has been patting me on the back all day. I thought I'd cough up breakfast.

They said that SVA is one of the hardest schools to get into these days, & that makes me feel a lot better knowing I'm part of that.