Thursday, November 6, 2008

For the Birds to the Dogs...

These last few weeks have been so busy I haven't had any time to post anything. But fortunately, most of the work is finally done with & out of the way, including my segments for $ooPaH NIN10Doh!, which I shall elaborate on soon. But for now, the new main event in my life is this:



This little guy is the star of my FIRST REAL FILM! Until April of next year, I shall be hard at work on a 2-3 minute film here at SVA. I just completed the rough storyboard for the film & presented it to the class, which was accepted fairly well. Now I'm just fine tuning a few bits of the story, & then I'll start production! If anyone would like to see/hear the story, let me know & I'll write it out &/or post a few panels of my storyboard up to check out.

I plan on having the film being almost completely without dialogue (maybe a background voice or two in the beginning, but nothing important to the story). I wanna try doing something without dialogue & to just tell the story with actions, poses & expressions. I already know that it's gonna be a difficult film to animate, but I like a good challenge. I don't do something because I feel obliged or pressured to do it. I WANT to do it! Sure, it'll be a living hell to make, but the payoff at the end when I see it up on the screen is always worth the labor pains.

***By the way, I'm going to be posting my latest sketchbooks bit by bit up here in the next few days & I'd like an opinion....would you rather have each individual page posted on it's own or would you rather have me compile the "good" images all together in Photoshop & post them all on one/two pages? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Story is very interesting.


---------------

vasanthi

Blaze Infotech