Saturday, January 12, 2008

Time to Grovel

For the last few months, I've really let this blog go. Besides that Donkey Kong piece I posted a week ago for deviantART, I haven't posted any NEW art since November. I feel bad knowing that I haven't really kept my promises for new installments for my comics or just posting whatever I've drawn each day.

When I came home from SVA for the holiday break, I was frustrated & irked to discover that my computer was incapacitated indefinitely due to crappy virus protection (I'll never use Norton products again!) & all my cartoons, sketches & artwork I wanted to post this month were stuck with it. I was basically going to last through the next month without a computer. Up until now, I've been using my mother's fancy new laptop, just browsing the web. I just got my computer cleaned up & returned to me yesterday, & tomorrow I'm heading back to the Apple. Better late than never, I guess.

Today, I'm going to share something that I wanted to put up for months now. For my sister's birthday back in September, I made her a 3-page birthday comic starring Steve-O & Randy. I don't think she'd mind if I shared it with you.

That's all the artwork for today, but I've got some news for you!
I'm working on a special project for my fellow animator/SVA friend Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi. I don't wish to leak any major details about the project, but I'll tell you this: This'll be a FLASH animated piece. I'll link to it once it's finished, probably by the end of February.

I'll DEFINITELY make sure to put up more recent work here once I get back to SVA this week. See you then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
Nice to see comics up again. Keep 'em coming. I'm actually allergic to eggs so every birthday cake I've ever eaten was an ice cream cake. I would get the lil loves. I was never sure if that cake represented a little of my parents love or if they just loved me very little. That cake has one of the most ambiguous titles.
Your Fan,
David Spector

Michael J. Ruocco said...

Hey Dave, my condolences about the egg thing. That's a real shame. But look on the bright side, who doesn't like ice cream cake?

In all my life, I have never seen anyone buy a Fudgie the Whale cake. Fudgie is Carvel's mascot & I've never seen or heard of anybody actually having on of those cakes. From now on, when I go into my local Carvel every weekend, I'm gonna check how many FtW cakes they sold since last week.

Even though I enjoy ice cream cake, I happen to be partial to chocolate devil's food cake with cream cheese icing. YUM!