Sunday, August 22, 2010

Influence Map

A recent meme template has popped up all over deviantART, and everybody seems to have jumped on the bandwagon. It's an "influence map", where you fill in the grid with things that inspire you. The larger the picture, the more inspiring it is/was to you. Since all my friends were doing it, I thought it would be fun for me to get in on it too.


(click to enlarge)

I kinda went a bit overboard, but that goes to show how many different things inspire me as an artist. There's a lot of things that I left out, like music and literary influences, but I thought I'd keep it strictly visual.

If you'd like to do one too, click here and download the .psd file. Have fun!

1 comment:

turbos said...

Hey Michael!

I just stumbled across your blog and I love your style! Very cool. Thanks for posting up this Influence Map! I really wanna give it a shot. I think it'll be fun trying to figure out my influence balance. I just put you on follow. Can't wait to see your later updates! Have a great day!

~ Casey