Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It All Started Here



On Saturday, I took a trip up north to White Plains for the opening reception of It All Started Here, a New York animation exhibition curated by Howard Beckerman & J.J. Sedelmaier. 


The centerpiece of the whole exhibit is this 25 foot standee of Gertie the Dinosaur. I couldn't stop looking at it. 

Yes, dinosaurs are big, indeed.

Here's a quick glimpse of the Blue Sky Studios section of the exhibit. So many cool pieces.

Inside this vault, examples of NY commercial work were shown, with a reel of them projected onto the wall. 

& the hall was jumping.


I met a lot of really cool people. Some I've met before, some new faces, & even a few colleagues. 


There's so many great pieces here, I could hardly contain myself. Complete storyboards, maquettes, drawings (including a Betty Boop by Grim Natwick). I took plenty of pictures of the show, but the last thing I want to do is post the whole exhibit up here, I don't want to spoil it. You'll have to see the exhibit yourself to see the whole deal. I'm definitely heading back again before the show's over.


Here's the exhibit's website: *CLICK*
The show goes until February 28th. Make sure to check it out before it's all over! You'll be sorry if you missed it.
 

No comments: